Jonsered is a market leader in chainsaws and they take credit for one of the pioneers of making the first modern chainsaw, which was the unique one-man model of a chainsaw that was lightweight and easy to use.
They have several designs which they have patents against and have their own product developers to keep on developing latest technologically advanced chainsaws as the requirements and needs are also evolving.
Their products are exclusively manufactured in over twenty factories in around 10 countries. Their products are sold in more than thirty countries with more than five thousand dealers.
Jonsered Chainsaw Review
Jonsered CS2255 18″ Chainsaw 55.5cc 3.5hp
This Jonsered Chainsaw is a great and a powerful machine. It is specialized and high powered, developed especially for all the cutting jobs that you require. This is ideal for forest owners or even for part-time professionals. Jonsered is a well-known brand name in this industry of chainsaws and it is known for being durable and reliable and trustable.
- Cylinder displacement: 55.5 cc
- Power output: 3.5 hp
- Fuel tank volume: 14.88 fl oz
- Oil tank volume 7 US pint
- Weight: 12.8 lbs
- Durable and easy to operate, design is ergonomic for everyday use.
- Equipped with a high powered engine to get work done fast.
- A reliable machine that is built to handle different jobs.
- For easy starting there is a fuel pump.
- Reduced resistance in the starter cord by over 40% due to Spin Start.
- It is not very heavy, considering it is quite powerful.
- The air filter is easy to clean.
- Equipped with Clean Power technology which reduces harmful emissions up to 75%.
- Increased fuel efficiency by over 20%.
- Turbo intake air cleaning system removes from the air 97% of the saw dust.
- Considered as one of the best vibration damping machines.
- There might be problems with bar oil pump leaking.
- The screws need to be tighter to hold the chainsaw together.
Majority of the customers who used this chainsaw were quite satisfied with the performance of this chainsaw and recommended it to others. There were some users who had problems with the chainsaw not working properly but most of the customers had no complaints.
Jonsered CS 2166 Turbo Chainsaw, CARB Compliant
- THIS IS A NEW (OTHER) PRODUCT; IT HAS NEVER BEEN USED. BECAUSE IT COMES ASSEMBLED, IT DOESN'T COME IN ORIGINAL PACKAGING BUT COMES WITH EVERYTHING. THIS COMES WITH WHAT YOU SEE IN THE PICTURES - NOTHING MORE, NOTHING LESS. PICTURES ARE OF IDENTICAL PRODUCT YOU WILL RECEIVE. QUANTITY OF 1 AND ONLY FROM FBA SELLER "BEEMCELROY"
- ULTICOR The most advanced machines designed for tough work and best performance; CLEAN POWER engine design reduces harmful exhaust emissions by up to 75% and increases fuel efficiency by up to 20%; TURBO intake air cleaning system removes up to 97% of the sawdust from the air before it even reaches the air filter. ANTI VIB Our system based on damping elements that provides one of the best vibration damping on the market; SPIN START reduces the resistance in the starter cord by up to 40%.
- MAGNESIUM CRANKCASE Made of light and durable magneisum; SIDE-MOUNTED CHAIN TENSIONER: The turbo chainsaws made from Jonsered have a side-mounted chain tensioner which makes chain adjustment even faster and more conveinent than before; ADJUSTABLE FLOW OIL PUMP: Adjustable oil pump makes it easy to set the chain lubrication according to your needs; INERTIA CHAIN BRAKE Inertia activated chain brake for increased safety.
- ENGINE SPECIFICATION Cylinder displacement 70.7 cm³ / 4.3 cu.inch Power output 3.6 kW Fuel tank volume 0.77 lit / 26.04 fl oz LUBRICANTS Oil tank volume 0.4 lit / 0.8 US pint VIBRATION & NOISE DATA Equivalent vibration level (ahv, eq) front / rear handle 4/5.9 m/s² Sound pressure level at operators ear 110 dB(A) Sound power level, guaranteed (LWA) 119 dB(A) CUTTING EQUIPMENT Recommended bar length, min-max 41-70 cm / 16"-28" OVERALL DIMENSIONS Weight (excl. cutting equipment) 6.4 kg / 14.1 lbs
- 4.8 horsepower; 70cc engine; 24 in. bar length; 2 year limited warranty; CARB compliant. Brand: Jonsered; Application: Limbing, Cutting Firewood, Tree Care, Sawing Small Trees, Sawing Medium Trees, Sawing Thick Trees; Engine: 70 cc; Product Weight: 14.1 lb; Product Type: Chainsaws; Warranty: 2-Year Limited; CARB Compliant: Yes; Saw Pitch: 3/8 in; Power Source: Gas; Power Type: Gas; Bar Length: 24 in; Manufacturer Part Number; 966442702
This Jonsered chainsaw is yet another great chainsaw by Jonsered which comes already assembled and ready to use. It is made with great quality materials and is durable and long lasting
- 2 year warranty
- CARB compliant
- Power Source: Gas
- 8 horsepower
- It is equipped with Ulticor, which is quite an advanced machine made especially for tough work.
- It reduces exhaust emissions that are harmful by over 75%.
- It increase fuel efficiency by around 20%.
- Removes around 97% of the saw dust from the air.
- It has an Adjustable oil pump.
- The chain brake is inertia activated for safety.
- Spin start option.
- A bit pricey for those who are not professional users.
Most of the customers who used this were satisfied and commented on using this particular chainsaw for Limbing, Sawing Small to medium Trees, Sawing Thick Trees, and Cutting Firewood etc.
Jonsered Chain Saw 2255
This is one of the most powerful and professional grade chainsaws by Jonsered. It is high on power yet fuel efficient. It works great and cuts through the trees in no time.
- The bar is of 20 inches
- Equipped with a 56cc powerful engine
- Ideal for limbing, cutting, firewood and pruning
- The horsepower is of 3.5
- Item weight: 7.1 pounds
- 2 years warranty
- It has low levels of exhaust emissions
- The fuel consumption is quite efficient
- It has a SpinStart function, which makes it easy to start
- One push button stop makes it easy to stop
- Slightly heavy in weight.
Most customers who bought this chainsaw were satisfied with its high quality performance and its reliability and durability. It is one of the most popular chainsaws by Jonsered that is known for its full time usage but can also be used occasionally or part time.
Most of the customers who have used these Jonsered chainsaws have been satisfied with their performance. They have commented on its ease to use and its durability along with its great features which are all quite useful as compared to other chainsaws in the market, this is the most reliable brand.
The best Jonsered chainsaw that we found was the Jonsered CS2255 18″ Chainsaw 55.5cc 3.5hp, which had very low noise and vibration level and proved to be a blessing since the loud noise can be a nuisance to most people. Even though most of the Jonsered chainsaws have low fuel consumption, this one, in particular, was picked for its being an extremely powerful machine, yet not very heavy and was easy to hold and to use.
Chainsaws are highly specialized tools which you need to be educated about before using. Before going on to our Jonsered chainsaw review, we first need to understand what exactly are chainsaws, what type are available in the market, and what to look for when deciding to buy a chainsaw.
What are Chainsaws?
A chainsaw is a mechanical and portable device that cuts through a rotating chain. It is mostly used for cutting trees for various purposes like limbing, pruning, bucking, or harvesting fire wood. The engines in the chainsaws are either electric motor driven by an electric power cord or an electric motor or runs through gasoline (petrol). The cutting chain through which the chainsaw cuts the trees or the wood is constructed with metal and is a bit similar to a bicycle chain but has sharp teeth for cutting. Different chains have obvious different pitch and gauge. Using a chain saw can be tricky if you do not have prior experience, although most of the chainsaws today have quite a number of safety features but these of course cannot guarantee a person’s safety, so it is advisable to always read the instructions and the manual before attempting to use the chainsaw.
Safety and Security when Using a Chainsaw
In order to use a chainsaw safely and effectively it is important to make sure that you are using it securely and there may be many reasons why you would require a chainsaw.
- Size up: Before aiming to cut a tree make sure you have planned it accurately and pin pointed to danger zones, the direction where the tree will fall, etc before even starting the saw.
- The tree’s location: It really matters how close or far the tree is to other objects and the tension and the support which determines the fall of the tree. You might want to make the tree fall into a particular destination or vice versa. One should always make sure the tree does not fall onto another object or on another tree.
- You may be cutting trees which could have fallen and have gotten trapped amongst other trees. You need to look or the safest way in order to release any sort of tension that may be in the tree.
- You could use it for Limbing which is the process of cutting off the branches from a log. The person operating the chainsaw must be able to reach the spot where the cut is in order to avoid kickback.
- Slashing and brushing is the concept where the operator is clearing away quickly the small branches and trees that are under 5 inches diameter.
Which Chainsaw Do You Need?
So if you are living in a farm (or not necessarily a farm, but maybe near to the woods or a forest), chances are that a chainsaw can be quite handy for you as you will end up needing it at some point. Even if there are no intentions of cutting down trees from your side, you might still need the chainsaw as the trees usually fall due to windy weather or even when the trees have gotten old they fall down.
Sometimes the trees end up falling on random places, like your driveway or across paths or on the road, you simply cannot ignore it and walk away. You would require a chainsaw so that you can easily cut them up and then move them out from the way. Moreover, you might want to use the wood for your fireplace or maybe you have a stove that works through the wood burning so you would need to get wood in order to burn the stove.
So whether you think you want a chainsaw or not, if the above points apply to you, then chances are, that you very much need a chainsaw at hand. There are a few tips that will help you and guide you so you know beforehand, what type of chainsaw to get and what to look for in a good chainsaw.
Things to Consider When Buying a Chainsaw
- The Guide Bar
The length or how long the guide bar is is something very important to consider before buying a chainsaw. The guide bar is the actual thing that does the cutting of the wood. If the guide bar is long, you are able to cut trees that are larger in size, but this feature has a downside that it will make the chainsaw heavier and it will become difficult to carry and operate. Weight of the chainsaw is a very important feature to consider as it should be easily used by you and if it is too heavy, chances are you will get tired in the middle of the cutting or it may even cause accidents.
- Gas or Electric Chainsaw
There are two options when buying a chainsaw to choose from. You can either get a chainsaw that runs on or is powered by gasoline engine or you may get a chainsaw that runs on batteries. The battery operated ones are obviously more user friendly and lightweight as compared to the gas powered ones which are bulky and give off exhaust and also require quite a lot of maintenance.
The battery operated chainsaw however, is not has powerful or strong as its gas powered counterparts and the battery operated ones would obviously be good enough for cutting small tree trunks.
- Safety and Security
Like everyone knows, chainsaws are quite dangerous if they are not used correctly and properly. One should be extremely vigilant when operating the machine and make sure they have read and understood any details or instruction manuals that could have accompanied the chainsaw when they purchased it.
- Tool-Free Tension System
A tensioning nut and a locking disc as well, allow the user to make the chain tight without any extra tools. The chain has to be tensioned in a proper correct manner. If it is too tight or too loose, it can be a problem and may pose a safety hazard. There are different ways of doing this in different types of chainsaws. Always check which type of system the chainsaw has before purchasing it for convenience.
- Easy to Start System
Always try and test pull saws to see how they start. Some chainsaws have easy to start system where you just pull and the machine starts. However, the more powerful is the engine, the more effort would be required to pull the cord for starting the machine.
The smaller the chainsaw is, obviously it would be easier to use and to hold. The smaller ones however are more expensive than the larger, bulkier ones but the small ones have the benefit in the ease of carrying them and to maneuver them in small, tight spots.
- Air Filter
Always check how the air filter is like in the chainsaws. If the air filter gets clogged, it will end up wasting gas and polluting the air and of course not running properly. You should go for a chainsaw where you can access the air filter easily and keeping it clean without requiring any extra tools.
- Less Vibration is Better
The amount of vibration from the chainsaw is something to consider when buying a chainsaw. A loud rattling and heavy chainsaw becomes difficult to handle and control and not easy to use for a long period of time and so it may tire you out quickly as well.
- Chain brake
You may or may not want a chain brake. As the name suggests, this is a chain brake that is there near the hand grip and can be used to immediately stop the chain when it is pushed. This feature can be used for emergencies.
One of the most popular types of Chainsaws are the Jonsered Chainsaws. The ones mentioned below are those we reviewed in order to find out the basic features, its user-friendliness, durability, and its value for money.